Date(s) - 07/04/20
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Hollis Henrichs Park
4th of July Fun!
COVID can’t keep us down! The Chamber has put together some alternative plans for the 4th of July that we think will provide appropriate safety protocols and social distancing as well as options that can be enjoyed from home or in household groups on a varied schedule. Considering the mental health issues created by COVID-19, we are very happy to have found a framework which Cordova’s medical advisors agree can offer necessary safety and mitigation protocols so all Cordovans can celebrate this important holiday to the extent they are comfortable. Festivities on the day of the 4th include:
- 10am – Independence Bike Parade – Meet at the Cordova Community Medical Center Parking lot to join in with your household or trusted bubble for a dress-up bike/walk/stroll event. Prize awarded for best group costume.
- 11am – Socially Distanced Activities at Hollis Henrichs Park (the grassy field near the hospital). Join us for the presentation of colors by US Coast Guard Fir and the singing of the National Anthem by Annalee Ladd. Choose a spot on the grassy field (social distancing circle will be marked on the field 10 feet apart) to set up a comfy spot for your and your trusted bubble to play some fun games provided by the Chamber.
- 12pm – BYO Picnic – Bring camp chairs or a blanket and a picnic lunch to enjoy.
Participate from home or on your own schedule:
- Watch from our Facebook Page – tune into Facebook.com/CordovaChamber to enjoy the Bike Parade, presentation of colors, and singing of the National Anthem from the comfort and safety of your own home!
- “Independence” Virtual Photo Show – submit a photograph you have taken which you feel embodies the idea of “independence” and send it via email to email@example.com by July 1st. The show will open online on July 4th and can be viewed anytime throughout the month of July.
- Kids’ Art Show & Coloring Contest – Contact Cordova Library for more details.
- Cordova Rocks – add your art to the community and have fun painting patriotic rocks to hide around town. Look for others’ rocks and share pictures to the Cordova Rocks Facebook group.
- High-risk populations are encouraged to stay home.
- Be sure to bring a face-covering with you to the event. It will be required anytime you are within 6 feet of someone outside your household/trusted bubble.
- Feeling sick? Stay home. No one will be allowed to participate in any activity that has exhibited a fever within the past 72 hours.
- There will be plenty of room to spread out. Please keep 6 feet of social distance at all times between your group and other groups.
- There will be hand sanitizer stations spread throughout the grounds and a bathroom with handwashing ability. Please wash your hands frequently and try not to touch your face.