Date(s) - 07/12/20 - 07/18/20
JOIN US FOR JAMMIN’ SALMONLINE — JULY 12-18
Stretch out those running muscles, dust off those dancing shoes, and re-stock your art supplies — because Copper River Salmon Jam is coming to you COVID-style!
The festival is expanding the festival to a whole week, celebrating what sustains us — Salmon & Art — on a daily basis from wherever you are! Your Salmon Jam team is busy pulling together a line-up of art and salmon-themed events that will be fun for you and your social bubble. Some events in the works include:
- Alaska Salmon Runs – clock your miles online and see how you compare to others or join us for some socially-distanced, in-costume running events on Saturday.
- Taste of Cordova – Tune into Salmon Jam’s social channels to learn about harvesting, preserving, and using local ingredients in our daily Taste of Cordova feature.
- Small Fry Kids’ Activities – A variety of outdoor learning funtivities for Small Fry and their families that will be available the entire week. Activities will include a scavenger hunt, intertidal fish printing instructions, Storybook Forest, and other nature art activities.
- Music – Every night there will be music performed especially for Salmon Jam debuted on Twitch.TV, thanks to the hard work of Cordova Arts. Artists will include local and regional performers, and we are excited to announce our special guests: Rapper 30 and Kat Moore & the Lateral Lines.
- Community Art – Join in the celebration by adding your Fish-themed art to the Cordova Rocks Salmon Jam community art project, connect with other artists while painting with Copper River Canvas, and keep your eyes posted for the salmon-themed photography challenge.
Visit the Salmon Jam website for complete details of this year’s event!