Website Prince William Sound Aquaculture Corporation
Developing Sustainable Fisheries for Alaska and the World
Position Title: Staff Accountant – Payroll
Category: Full time, Regular
Payroll Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Organizational Unit: Corporate Administration
Location: PWSAC administrative office, Cordova or Anchorage, Alaska
Customary Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday
Supervisor’s Title: Finance Director
Basic Function: All duties of payroll processing, delivery, communication, maintenance, and record keeping. Provide accounts payable functions of the Corporation, process and/or respond to requests for financial information as appropriate.
Primary Responsibilities: The primary responsibility is to assist the Finance Director in meeting the accounting needs of the organization by processing accurate periodic payroll and cross-functional tasks of accounts payable activities.
Description of essential duties and responsibilities:
- Process corporate payroll, including all related tax reporting
- Maintain employee records and related payroll files and forms
- Maintain payroll records and process periodic reports
- Process payroll batches for release to general ledger
- Process payroll-related journal entries and correcting journal entries, as necessary
- Data entry for payroll-related function.
- Reconciliation of weekly hours in preparation for payroll
- Prepare worker’s compensation monthly reports
- Assist in preparation for annual audits
- Process requests for information regarding unemployment claims, wage verification, etc.
- Answer inquiries regarding payroll related fund balances and tracking of expenditures
Cross function accounts payable duties periodically as assigned
- Pay bills within prescribed policies and procedures
- Review, code and process A/P check requests
- Process periodic check runs
- Data entry for all approved A/P, A/R and Journal Entries
- Maintains and updates all vendor accounts
- Verbal and written communication with vendors co-workers and others
- Process incoming checks, prepare bank deposits and deliver deposits to the bank
- Month review of petty cash and sale items receipts
- Replenish petty cash as needed
- Answer inquiries regarding A/P related fund balances and tracking of expenditures, and prepare journal entries as needed
- Complete and submit quarterly sales tax report and year-end 1099’s
- Filing, photocopying
May assist with other duties as directed by Finance Director, including:
- Review the accounts payable process
- Prepare monthly bank accounts and GL accounts reconciliations
- Maintain inventory count of promotional item sales
- Accounting department point of contact for Hatchery/Cordova Managers
- Other administrative support as requested
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong Computer skills and software familiarity in Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications
- Ability to use automated accounting software
- Ability to be thorough with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to understand and carry out policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task when carrying out daily duties is essential
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks in a non-disruptive manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate professionally with people throughout the organization and external contacts.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Three years of payroll/general ledger work experience that includes working with digital accounting platforms
- Substitutions: Associate degree in business administration or management may substitute for a maximum of one year of accounting work experience
Positions Supervised: None
Disclaimer: Duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list, and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time. The scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.