Website cordovachamber Cordova Chamber of Commerce
Working together for a stronger Cordova!
The Program Assistant works closely with the Executive Director and the Events & Member Services Coordinator. She or he is responsible for completing projects and tasks that fulfill the mission of the organization as assigned by the ED.
Working 15-20 hours per week, the Program Assistant will provide both programmatic and administrative support to the organization:
- Programmatic Support
- Provide support within each of the organization’s strategic priorities (quality of life enhancement, business support, destination management, and economic development); including project and task management and evaluation, gaming and fundraising support, research and communication (verbal and written), event support, ongoing development of programs to meet mission-specific goals
- Administrative Support
- Database management, visitor mailings, membership mailings, board meeting support, online research, file and calendar management, travel coordination, office supply replenishment, and other general administrative tasks as assigned
- General office management such as answering phones, fielding emails, light bookkeeping, payroll, reporting, and office maintenance
- Strong attention to detail while working towards mission-specific goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic analytical and strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently while multitasking
- Computer literacy, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Money-handling experience and basic knowledge of accounting
- Bookkeeping, payroll, and reporting experience or knowledge
- Office experience
Schedule & Compensation
This position is Cordova, Alaska-based, and will work in the office with remote-working available up to 30% of the time with prior approval. This part-time, year-round position offers flexible hours, with the possibility to transition to a full-time position in the future. Compensation is $20-22/hour DOE with 401k retirement and healthcare coverage available. Family-friendly workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org