Click the button below to view a slideshow presentation outlining the process and key concepts we used to design our community’s regenerative tourism destination strategy as well as the Vision, Core Values, and Strategic Focus Areas our destination leadership team is using to put our strategy into action!
Rooted in indigenous values, Regenerative Tourism is not a new concept.
Cordova’s regenerative tourism destination strategy centers around the idea that there is an opportunity for visitors to actually improve our destination. It addresses impacts holistically, from destination and community perspectives as well as environmental ones. It seeks to work together with and build up the local ecosystem and cultures as well as the current industries and businesses through tour offerings that promote cultural revitalization, environmental restoration, hyper-local spending, and grow regenerative industries.
This work isn’t done with the flip of a switch or the launch of an ad campaign.
It will take time, and we’re excited to take this significant step alongside Cordova’s dynamic business community. Members from a diverse cross-section of the community have come together to form this road map and we’ve launched a destination leadership team to chart the path. Below you’ll find resources we’ve developed with the help of industry experts to target and attract visitors that align with this strategy. Please join us in this momentous return to inspirational marketing by reviewing and leveraging the paid media plan we have already executed and sharing and extending this content (free to Cordova businesses, organizations, and individuals).
The goal is to inspire a reaction from consumers in the form of seeking more information, whether that be from visitcordova.com, our “Visit Cordova” Facebook and Instagram channels, or Welcome Centers throughout the State where our materials are located. Wherever our info is shared, we will aim to stay true to the things that make Cordova special:
THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE:
- Still Images and Banners
- See Life 30-second video
- See Life 15-second video
Outreach Strategy Kit
- Take a look at the WRW Outreach Strategy Kit to see destination strategy vision, Cordova tourism target market, and resources you can use to leverage the World’s Richest Waters, See Life, Cordova is Calling, and Visit Cordova’s tested marketing campaign.
- Click here to view the Outreach Strategy we used to reach over 13 million targeted independent adventure travelers and increase our web traffic by over 900%.
WAYS TO LEVERAGE:
- Follow Visit Cordova Facebook and Instagram pages
- Share Visit Cordova content on social media
- Create Your Own #VisitCordova and #WorldsRichestWaters posts
- Tag @VisitCordova for us to share your posts on Facebook & Instagram
- Promote your business while tying back to Visit Cordova’s posts and videos
- Example: Share one of our posts or post your own engaging image or video (there’s plenty for you to use for free in our Media Suite, and start your sentence with an action word like:
“Experience/View/Explore/Visit the World’s Richest Waters with us at (your business name). #VisitCordova #WorldsRichestWaters”
- Click here to view more WRW Social Post Examples
- B2B Experience Package – Most independent travelers love the freedom of handpicking their experience. By offering an experience through packages with other businesses the traveler is able to get a more well-rounded view of Cordova.
- Co-Op Advertising Opportunities – Click here to contact us regarding:
- Edible Alaska
- Chamber Website Ad
- Co-Op Radio Ad
101 Things & Directory Decal
Print out this Visit Cordova QR code decal to put up in your business for fellow travelers to be able to connect easily with other businesses or things to do while they are visiting.
Click here to download and print the QR code for free!
Cordova’s tourism industry is strongest when we work together, thank you for any support and please reach out if we can provide a custom asset. Send your ideas on how to strengthen the impact of this campaign to firstname.lastname@example.org.